A View from the Virtual Parking Lot

I have long maintained that the most important things in a mom's life are learned in the parking lot after a PTO meeting.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Top Five

I've been asked to share what my top five Christmas/holiday songs are. First, I have to tell you that we aren't Christian, so I've always kind of felt...guilty, maybe..for loving Christmas music; adjacent to, maybe, instead of part of, I guess, the holiday festivities. It's kind of a complicated thing, but just know that the bottom line is that I am in no position to review or pass judgement on Christmas music. However, I know what I like.

1. Jingle Bell Rock - I heard this song for the first time in fifth grade when my class did a winter play. We had to learn this song, among a handful of others, and I fell in love with the tune.

2. The Twelve Pains of Christmas - This spoof on the classic had me howling the first time I heard it as a late teen, and it's just about as funny still.

3. Auld Lang Syne - I freely admit that I like the Dan Fogelberg song, although it isn't actually the same song. Still, it's my list and I can like it if I want to.

4. Do You Hear What I Hear - see number 1; I fell in love with it in fifth grade.

5. a tie for the last slot: Put One Foot in Front of the Other from Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and I'm Mr. Heat Miser from The Year Without a Santa Claus - I'll bet I don't even have to explain the reference here, but just in case, these are two of the old claymation classics, and they are so awesome!

So, what about you?

No comments: